Kent Island Youth Soccer League
Age Group 4 – 5, Coed
Introduce kids to the game of soccer and the basic skills of soccer, including kicking and controlling the ball and shooting the ball. Also included will be the concept of “team play” and “good sportsmanship”. Overall we want them to simply have FUN playing soccer so they come back and want to play more, and in the process they will learn more socially and improve their physical skills and abilities.
Practices / Game Environment Schedule:
· Practices begin on a Saturday in early August.
· Game Environment will be 1 game each Saturday starting in September through early November.
· Games will be scheduled on Saturday mornings. Rained out games can be made up at the discretion of the coaches.
Teams / Game Environment:
· 10 / 11 players per team / Numbers of Teams to be determined from registration – 15 Teams for 2004 Season.
· Play on one half of small Fields G (G1 & G2), H (H1 & H2), and J (J1 & J2). Games will be played on Field H.
· Play 6 on 6 (3 offense / 2 defense / Goalie) for the entire season
· Play 4 – 10 minute periods with short breaks in between each period.
· Simplified Rules: 1. Out of Bounds (kick in from sideline or end line at point ball went out)
2. Sportsmanlike Conduct (no tripping, pushing, hitting, etc.)
3. Hands (such as picking up ball and running)
· Each player must have shin guards for practice and game environment.
· Tennis Shoes or Plastic Cleats can be worn (Cleats help from slipping).
· Size 3 soccer ball – each child should have one to use at practice, game warm up, and at home.
· Team Jersey will be provided and should be worn for each game.
· No Jewelry should be worn for practices or games, including earrings.
· At least one parent / guardian must be present during practices and games.
· Sports Code Of Conduct form must be signed & Proof Of Birth Date provided at registration in order to participate.
· Parents are expected to help handle “situations” that may arise as requested, so coaches stay focused with other players.
· Feel free to ask your coach any question you may have regarding the practices, game environment, etc.
· Any assistance you can provide in helping your coach and team is greatly appreciated. If the coach doesn’t ask, you should ask the coach how you can help.
· Please direct any questions to your coach. If they cannot answer, then they will contact the league commissioner to get an answer. If you do not get a response, then contact the league commissioner. Additionally, if you have a problem with a coach or a question that you cannot address with the coach first, then you may contact the league commissioner directly. You may contact the Age 4-5 Division Commissioner via e-mail, or leaving a message on the soccer hotline:
§ Age Group 4-5 Commissioner – Faith Gross
§ You may also contact KIYSL President., Michelle Abplanalp by email: email@example.com
· Field Conditions: Are posted on the main page of the KIYSL website.
This is our 7th season for this age group. Everyone’s comments and suggestions are welcome. With cooperation, understanding, constructive criticism and help from everyone we can make this a huge success and rewarding experience for our kids! Remember – they are only age 4 & 5 – the name of the game is FUN!!!!!