10 & up Game RulesUpdated Wednesday October 29, 2014 by Kent Island Youth Soccer League.
Kent Island Youth Soccer League
Age Group 10 & Up, Co-ed
Rules and Guidelines
1) Coach must stay on their side and/or half of field
2) No one is allowed behind the goals during the game
3) Injured players must leave game until a proper substitution situation exists
4) Tackling - any player tackling from behind will be issued a yellow card
5) Trash talking among players is forbidden. There will be no verbal warning issued. A yellow card will be automatic
6) Our first concern is SAFETY. It is better for the referees to be overcautious when safety is concerned.
a) In case of injury the referee will stop play immediately except if there is a breakaway toward the goal and the injured player is away from the action. In such a case the referee will stand near the player and acknowledge the injury and also protect the injured player. After the shot or goal or end run, play will be stopped immediately.
b) The injured player must leave the field and when play resumes a dropped ball will resume play.
7) When a yellow card is called, the player must leave the field of play and can come back into the game at the first substitution. Second yellow card for any given player during game play will result in an immediate red card and expulsion from the game.
8) When a red card is issued the offending player must leave the game and will be forbidden to play the following game. Referees must notify the ref. coordinator and commissioner.
9) When a foul has been committed and the advantage rule is in effect the referee will acknowledge the foul by displaying the proper signal.
10) Goal keeper has six seconds to kick or throw the ball.
11) Substitution Situations
a) Only on your throw-in
b) After a goal is scored
c) Injury - the injured player must be substituted and the other team may substitute one for one
d) Goal kick - either team may sub
e) If play is stopped and a coach enters the field to assist an injured player, that player must be substituted. The exception is if the injured player is the goalie, if the player feels able to continue they may remain on the field.
f) Yellow card - carded player must have a sub, and the other team may substitute one for one
12) Abuse of referee by parents will result in an immediate ejection of child and parent.
13) Thirty minute halves.
14) Soccer ball Size
a) All practices and games for 10-11 use a size 4 ball
b) All practices and games for 12-13 and 14-17 will be played using a size 5 ball
Tournament Rule Addenda for 10 & up
In addition to the rules listed above, the following additions are in effect for the tournament:
A team must have at least 9 players to begin to play the game. The opposing team does NOT need to play down. If additional players arrive after the start, they may be placed on the field during a traditional subbing opportunity.
*All games ending in a tie at the end of regulation will be followed by one full 10 minute overtime (not sudden death).
*If, at the end of the of the full 10 minute overtime the game is still tied, a penalty shoot-out will decide the contest.
*A penalty shoot-out will consist of each team choosing 5 shooters and a goalie.
*The shooters must come from the players on the field at the end of overtime.
*The goalie MUST have played either a full half of regulation, or the entire 10 minute overtime period and cannot be changed for the duration of the shoot-out. If the goalie is injured, they can be substituted, but the injured player cannot participate further in the shoot-out as a goalie or a shooter.
*The goalie may also be a shooter.
*If the game is tied after the first 5 shooters from each team have taken their penalty shot, then 5 NEW shooters must be chosen by each team. However, each round of attempts (round being one set of shooters, one from each team) then becomes sudden death, with the team ahead at the end of a given round being the winner of the game.
*If all shooters that were playing on the field at the end of overtime have been used, the next shooters will come from the bench until all the players from the team with the fewest players have all taken shots, including the goalie. At that point, players may take a second kick. For example if one team has 12 players and the other has 14 players, once 12 players have taken a kick, both teams can begin using players for a second time.
Thank you all for a good season, and all of your time and efforts! Help the children enjoy the tournament!
14-17 ROUND ROBIN
The scoring for the round robin tournament will be as follows:
2 points for a game win
1 point for a game tie
0 points for a game loss
1 point awarded per half win
1/2 point awarded per half tie
0 points awarded per half loss
If there is a tie after the points are calculated the following are the tie breakers:
1st head to head
2nd goals allowed
3rd golden goal