6-7 Co-ed Game RulesUpdated Tuesday August 20, 2019 by Kent Island Youth Soccer League.
Kent Island Youth Soccer League
Age Group 6 – 7, Coed
1) All practices and games will be played using a size 3 soccer ball
2) All games will be on the junior fields, (Field E and H).
Field H - Near the volleyball courts
Field E - Behind the concession stand near the 4-5 fields.
Please consult the map if you are unsure of where the fields are located.
3) Each team consists of six players. Each team will be divided into three strikers, two fullbacks and a goalie.
4) No fullbacks are to go much past midfield, conversely, we don't want the strikers to go deep into their own zone. We will try to prevent the bunching of players that is very common at this age.
5) The main purpose of this league is instructional. Each player should be rotated so they play every position.
6) There will be no records or standings kept in this league.
7) Two referees per game. The referees are there to instruct the players. Any comments about the referees are to be made to the referee coordinator, not to the referees.
8) Four ten minute quarters - running time.
No Heading - No heading is allowed in this division. If a player intentionally heads the ball, play will be stopped. An indirect kick will be given to the opposing team at the spot of the foul, unless it is inside the penalty area, when the indirect kick will be moved outside the penalty box.
a) No offside.
b) No penalty kicks. Hand ball in the box will be awarded an indirect kick at the top of the penalty box.
c) No pushing or shoving. An indirect kick will be awarded and the offending player will be instructed.
d) Throw-ins will be used for out of bounds. Players will be given two tries with instruction and shown the correct procedure. On the third try, the referee will allow play to continue.
e) There will be unlimited substitutions. By this we mean you can substitute players at any time during the game - regardless of stoppage of play.
f) Coaches may enter the field to coach during the game. Coaches please do not disrupt the flow of the game.
g) Build-out Line: Marked by an orange line on each side of the field, all attacking players must retreat behind this line for any goal kick or anytime the goalie picks the ball up with their hands. Players can resume their attack when the ball has left the penalty box area. Goalies are encouraged to roll the ball out to their team players and not punt it. This is designed to encourage passing among team and reduce swift counter attacks from the attacking team. A significant portion of goals are scored in this division by kicks that barely get out of the penalty box, only to be shot directly back in by the attacking team.
h) Sliding of any kind is forbidden. Please help the referees, players, and Coaches to enforce this rule.
1) INCLEMENT WEATHER: If the fields are closed by the county, the fields are closed and we are not allowed on the park.
2) PRACTICES: We expect field time to be utilized as practices until the games start and the schedule is distributed.
3) GAMES: Games will have referees. They are young and at times inexperienced, so treat them kindly and help them instruct the players.
4) These notes are available on our website http://www.kiysl.org. We will post real time field status on the website as well as contact information for the board if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.